Welcome! The Classical Music Festival is excited to offer piano performers, teachers and observers an opportunity to work with an outstanding international piano faculty in Eisenstadt, Austria under the direction of Dr. Jane Magrath, Grant Endowed Chair in Piano and Regents’ Professor in the School of Music at the University of Oklahoma and in cooperation with the Haydn Conservatory.
Join us for 12 exhilarating days in the charming city of Eisenstadt, the city of Joseph Haydn. The experience will change your way of hearing, performing, and teaching the music of the world’s greatest Classical period composers.
The Piano Seminar offers a unique setting for learning about performance practice study in a European setting brimming with historical significance, especially for classical musicians. The seminar includes:
- Master class performances
- Solo performance opportunities in the Empire Hall of the Esterhazy Palace
- Workshops and lecture/demonstrations
- One private lesson for piano performers included; optional private lessons available at additional cost for teachers and observers
- Optional private lessons
- Opportunity to view original Haydn manuscripts from the Esterházy archives
- Tours of Haydn’s house in Eisenstadt, the Esterházy Palace, and the Bergkirche where Joseph Haydn is buried and where most of Haydn’s last six masses and Beethoven’s Mass in C were first performed.
- Enjoy an Austrian heuriger
- Day trip to Vienna to hear the Festival Orchestra and Chorus perform as part of the High Mass at St. Stephen’s Cathedral
- Visit to Zentralfriedhof, outside Vienna, will take us to the burial sites of Beethoven, Brahms, Gluck, Schoenberg, Franz Schubert, Johann Strauss, Hugo Wolf and Antonio Salieri.
- Enjoy a wine tasting seminar
- Tour the Bösendorfer factory in Wiener-Neustadt
Click here to download the 2018 Piano Seminar Brochure